The aim of these awards is to encourage all members, regardless of their chosen discipline, to make the most of the partnership they have with their Clydie Cross. These versatile horses excel in such a wide variety of equestrian applications and we hope that the Annual High Point Award will help you to celebrate your achievements – no matter how big or how small.
Over a 12 month period Clydie Cross owners will be able to log attendance / competition points and compete to be the High Point winner of their chosen category. The cost to enter is $10 for the first category selected, plus $5 for each additional category after that. There is no limit to the number of categories you can enter.
Points are awarded based on both the competitor’s placing and the number of horses in the class. All points must be validated by a steward, judge or the event organiser on the day of competition and recorded on the official CCSHA score card.
All members who enter the High Point award will also be eligible for some great bonus categories. We will be offering a special High Point Award for those 18 years of age, we will be showcasing the next generation of Clydie Crosses by offering a Young Stock of the Year award, plus lots more.
The Annual High Point Award is open to all financial members of the CCSHA and their registered horses. The point accumulation period runs between the July 1st and June 30th the following year. Score cards must be submitted no later than the 15th July and awards will be presented at the CCSHA Annual General Meeting.
Here are some key things to remember when buying and/or completing your cards:
- Cards must be purchased for EACH AND EVERY horse/competitor combination. The card is for 1 PERSON and 1 HORSE. Please do not list points that have been accrued by other handlers/riders. An easy way to remember this rule is that you are buying the card for ONE combination (horse + handler/rider) – you are not buying the card for just the horse. For example: you have purchased a show card for your horse and your hubby/child takes them in a handler class at the CCSHA show. Your personal points are eligible to be recorded but your hubby/child’s are NOT. If you would like your hubby/child to participate in the awards then you must buy them their own card.
- You must be a current financial member (full, associate or junior) to be able to participate
- You can only collect points from the date of purchase. You CANNOT backdate points before this date
- All points must be signed by an event official on the day of the show. If you submit points that are not verified (especially for non-CCSHA events) then they will NOT be counted. We simply do not have the time to chase up multiple entries on multiple cards for multiple people. We recommend that you keep your cards in a pouch/folder and pop them in your show trolley/float so they don’t get left behind. Keep them with your entries and event program so you have everything together
- The period for points collection is the 1st July to the 30th June and cards must be returned before the 15th July each year. We will no longer be accepting late cards as this puts the entire prize ordering process very behind
- Please make sure that your writing is legible and cards are completed as neatly as possible. Please make sure that the cover is filled out correctly with all of the required details. If you make an error on your card, please just put a single line through it – please do not scribble it out or use white-out
- When ordering cards on the website, you must indicate the number of cards you would like for the combination in question, and then select the categories from the list. Each horse/competitor combination must be ordered in a separate transaction so that correct fees apply
- When ordering cards you must provide the details of the combination you are purchasing the cards for. We need the handler/rider and their membership number. Please do not put the card if your own name if you are not the person who will be accruing the points.